Member, Board of Directors
To support the empowerment of conflict, post-conflict, and disaster affected women through the provision of comprehensive women’s health services.
- Commits to a two-year working relationship with COHI in a volunteer capacity;
- Contributes to project selection and development to the best of his/her ability during this time by mobilizing his/her own personal contacts and resources (intellectual and professional) and providing expertise in his/her area of specialty;
- Attends an annual BOD working retreat for 4 days where all COHI members meet to discuss organizational development related issues (Board development, leadership, research opportunities, project management, design, implementation, and M&E strategies, and fundraising )by providing own monetary support for travel;
- Communicates independently with other COHI Board members to collaborate on projects, fundraising, public relations activities in their communities;
- Commits to actively engaging in the issues we raise through our work at COHI through open, direct, and compassionate communication with all COHI members;
- Commits to raising $5,000USD for each year of one’s commitment to be used towards organizational costs.
We encourage all individuals with interest in joining the COHI BOD to communicate directly with other members of the COHI family to learn more about the subtle ins and outs of our work. We also encourage you to familiarize yourself with the basic tenets of international reproductive health, grassroots community organizing, and the feminist model of leadership, as these are the fundamental ideas behind the work COHI does and the way we function as an organization.